What you need to know before you travel to Rwanda
Please visit the Rwanda immigration website (www.migration.gov.rw) for all information regarding visas.
A combination of tropical climate and high altitude ensures that most of Rwanda has a temperate year round climate. Temperatures rarely stray above 30ºC by day or below 15ºC at night throughout the year. Most parts of the country receive in excess of 1,000mm of rainfall annually, with the driest months being July to September and the wettest February to May.
• Do not forget a windbreaker or a light raincoat
• Hiking boots, and hat.
• Garden gloves and gators, are recommended.
• A light sweater for the evenings is recommended.
• Long sleeves and trousers worn at this time will keep the mosquitoes at bay.
• Bring your swimming costume.
• A torch/flashlight is recommended.
• Minimum age for Gorilla tracking and Golden monkey tracking is 15 and 12 years respectively.
• The unit of currency is the Rwanda franc.
• The US dollar is the hard currency of preference.
• The most popular and accepted credit card is Visa. Please note this is not widely used outside
•Yellow Fever Vaccination is recommended.
• Malaria precautions.
Rwanda is considered one of the safest travel destination in the region.
Umuganda (community work day)
Every last Saturday of the month, from around 08h00 to 12h00, all Rwandans participate in community service. All sevices are closed at this time.
How to get to Rwanda
Kigali International Airport is serviced by a number of International airlines, including SN Brussels, KLM, South African Airways, Qatar Airlines, Rwandair, Kenya Airways, Turkish Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines. Rwanda can also be reached by land from Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
What you need to know before you travel to Uganda
The capital Kampala is serviced by Entebbe International Airport 40 kms away. The capital itself sprawls across seven hills each of historical importance to the country’s religions, culture and the economy.
A visa for those who require one can be purchased on the spot at Entebbe International Airport or at any over land border.
Uganda lies across the equator and boasts of tropical climate that is spring like in nature all year round. The country basically experiences seasonal climate of wet and dry, though it can be wet and cool at any time of the year. Due to varying global whether patterns, evolutions between rainy and dry seasons can come and go intermittently. The most common occurring weather patterns occur as follows.
What to Pack
• Bring lots of light clothing.
• Evenings are cooler so carry a couple of light sweaters too.
• Solid walking shoes and sturdy clothing are ideal for forest walks.
• Do not forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and water proof jackets.
• The unit of currency is the Uganda shillings.
• The US Dollar is the preferred hard currency.
•Most major credit cards are accepted in Uganda.
• It is also advisable to drink bottled water rather than tap water.
•Yellow Fever Vaccination is recomended.
• Malaria precautions.
Entebbe International Airport is serviced by a number of International airlines, including SN Brussels, British Airways, Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways South African Airways, Air Tanzania, Rwanda Air, Egypt Airways and Ethiopian Airways. Uganda can also be reached by land from Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania.